In a few hours we will bid adieu to 2012 and will be welcoming 2013. I won’t be out for a party (Sadly, my family won’t allow girls alone in a party at night and keeping in mind the latest scenario of North India, I better not ask also). Me and my friends had planned since years for a Goa New Year with our salaries the year we become CA’s but sadly none of us are as well employed (in my case, simply employed also) so as to afford a trip, so the plan shifts to next year (hopefully).So here in pretty harsh winters I sit in my cosy blanket and write about twelve major events in my life during 2012.
1. The year started with a road trip with friends to Rang De Basanti Fort near Ludhiana. For those who don’t know about it, it is the place where the song “tu bin bataye” from the movie Rang De Basanti is being shot. Its basically the remains of a fort from olden times which has become a popular outing spot since the movie discovered it. Now it was a special event because it was the first time I went out with my friends to such a trip. (I can see many eyes rolling out on reading first, yes it is :P )
2. My brother who was posted in Chennai left his job and settled into a business with his friend in Ludhiana. Though its major event in his life and should not be listed here, but it lead to me meeting him more often, almost every weekend (which I used to wait for months during last four years), so its a happy event for me too. :)
3. Then came my failure in CA exams which resulted in months of slogging and sleepless nights re-reading the income tax rules and laws. (Oh, I so hate those dreadful books, can never remember those sections, neither at those times, not today, not in future). A quarter of the year passed with exam preparation only.
4. While I waited for my results my mom enrolled me to a cooking course and I did learn a few dishes. Though I love cooking, but I never had the time or opportunity to learn, so this time was well utilized and enjoyed by me. (Plus who minds the daily dose of appreciation when you cook new things at home) ;)
5. This year’s best moment and achievement any day would be the day of my CA results. 19th July it was and I finished off with my 5 years of hard work. Had dreamed about this prefix to my name since so long and it turned a reality this year. :)
6. I guess birthday can also be considered another major event. After-all I’m not a celebrity having multiple big events in my life to choose from, so I have to find them as I had started with writing about 12, it being 2012 (Wonder what I’ll do in 2025, if I write then). So birthday was quite a fun affair with friends and family.
7. In August my brother gifted me a guitar, and I finally started learning one after wishing and dreaming about learning music since my childhood. But I’m still at the chords friends. Quite slow I know, but I'm very irregular there and to top it all a month after I joined it, the academy was sold out and was shut for more than a month (I never knew I could be such a torture). :D
8. September bought with it the wedding season and the first one I attended was of my best friend. The first wedding among my friends and it started the dreaded topic of my wedding too. Gosh, I hate it when relatives and family members say “beta padhai te khatam ho gayi, hun agla kaam karo, naukri eko vaari shuru kari jithe hamesha li rehna hai” (Child, you have finished with your studies, now go for the next work i.e. wedding. Search for a job after you permanently settle down). Thanks to my mom-dad who had promised to marry my brother first, So thankfully I’m safe till I find a bhabhi. ;)
9. This year a major portion of my time had been involved in disappointing job-hunting with no results till date. It led to so many trips from Chandigarh-Delhi, that I no longer find it a big deal if I have to travel to Delhi. Being unemployed for almost six months now, it has been a major reality-check year for me. Brought down my many expectations and has increased the value of job for me. I don't think I will ever take it for granted now.
10. In October I went for a family trip to Kerala and it was so beautiful . Kerala is a wonderful place, a must visit for all nature and peace loving people out there. 10 days of ultimate bliss it was. Thoroughly enjoyed the break. :)
11. November finally marked my entry to the blogging world and I’m so excited about it. Don’t know how long it would last, or whether I will have any readers or not, but yes it will surely give me so memories to read along in future. (Its so difficult to find fodder for blog posts :O )
12. 12-12-12, till last year I so made fun of people making big deals of such dates. But this year I did too. It was my brother’s birthday and I was hell bent on making it special and was successful in it. Weeks of planning and preparations, it went so well, surprising him to the core. This date will always remain a beautiful memory in our hearts. :)
Finally I finished writing twelve of them.. ;) :P
Here’s another year passing by. Hoping the coming year comes in with a positive note and brings out success in personal and professional lives of each one of us, I wish all of you a very happy and prosperous 2013.
Love you all.
Will see you all in the next year now. Have fun.. :) :)